Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2002 Chevrolet Help

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by scubastifler, Dec 29, 2002.

1. scubastifler

scubastifler Registered Member

I have a 2002 Automatic Chevrolet Silverado 4.3L V6 4X4 and was wanting to install my Poweraid TB spacer on my V6. I was having some trouble and was wondering if anyone had any directions or could help me out at all.

I have an airaid intake, flow master 40 series with dumps, hypertech programmer, poweraid tb spacer and was wanting to be more torque. What could I do to increase torque and mudding abilty besides a lift or tires? What type of motor work, should I stroke the engine. WHAT WILL GAIN TORQUE?

Do the fuel savers like tornado or turbonator do anything? What about the Magnets that fit over the fuel line?

What type of forced induction should I do if I have about $4000-$6000 to spend? Or should I get nos?

If anyone can help me at all please respond or e-mail me at scubastifler@yahoo.com

Thanks,
    Steve

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Sounds like you checked the wrong box on the order slip when you bought the truck. One of the V8's would have solved your problem a lot cheaper than adding forced induction to a V6. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah man, go to GM and order one of there 5.0 or 5.3 or even 6.0L engines to replace that 6 cylinder...

4. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    What type of forced induction should I do if I have about $4000-$6000 to spend?

[/ QUOTE ]

You could probably find a used 5.3 for about that much. Check the wrecking yards and ebay. People usually part out a wrecked truck with the engine, wiring harness and computer. The 5.3 has plenty of power; my mom's Z71 has one and it will get up and go pretty good for a truck that weighs 3 tons.

Check out this post about the Tornado.

5. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

$2800, Paxton super charger, plus labor, and the smack up side the head is free. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif