Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2002 Silverado Buckets in a 75 K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ZooMad75, May 24, 2004.

1. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I finally got something accomplished. Work and Wifey took a dent out of my playtime but I pushed and got them in. It seemed like it would be harder putting the late model stuff in my 75, but with some simple measurements and planning it was as close to a bolt in as it could get.

Just got done with the driver's side yesterday. Really all I had to do is fab up some brackets to bolt the new seast tracks to that I drilled to match the seat bolt pattern on the floor. I took about 2 hours for the pass side and 4 hours on the driver's side (broke a bit and had to refab and redrill the rear bracket). Bolt the seat to the bracket and bolt the seat to the floor and its in. Intregal 3 point belt and all!

Biggest deviation was ditching the stock 75 vintage seat brackets. It was easy on mine since they were welded to some Toyota buckets. The main reason was the silverado tracks in addtion to the blazer mounts would have the seat siting 6 inches higher than stock. Not Good! I did loose the flip forward motion on the pass side seat. But with the pass side up forward as far as it goes and the seat back forward the pass though is about the same to the back seat. The only other issue is the seats will not go back as far as the tracks have travel for because the '75 does not have the footwell area for the back seat that a later one does. No big deal because the seat still goes far enough back for me and I'm 6'1". Comfort is way better over the toyota seats I yanked out and the feeling is much more secure over the lap belt with a modern seat belt setup. Now once I can locate my digital camera I'll get some pics of the install.

Not to difficult and highly recommended!

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

pics???

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

How much did you pay for them if you don't mind me asking?

4. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

and where did you get them?

5. ZooMad75

[ QUOTE ]
    How much did you pay for them if you don't mind me asking?

[/ QUOTE ] & [ QUOTE ]
    and where did you get them?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Your not going to like to hear this but it was a major FREEBIE (monster garage voice). My Dad has the 02 Silverado that he bought new but it had Manual seats. He was itching to put power seats in, but the cost of the tracks is twice that of the whole seat assemblies. We got a set from the boneyard that looked good, but we later figured out the driver side seat pan had been split in the wreck. Another couple of weeks and he found a set on Ebay for the same price. He got them in, swapped his upholstry over (he only has 5k on it)to the power chairs and put the ebay upholstry back on his manual seat frames.

He's got enough crap in his two garages to build 2 57 chevys so I got them by default. I've still got the the first two power seats we got from the boneyard that someone could fix. The split in the seat pan is not major, but my Dad's a Engineer (AKA a perfectionist) and would not use them. Had to be new or darn near new for him. I thought of using them but didn't have the coin to pay for them. I've got to take them back to the boneyard and get him his money back. This is not an ad, but if someone wants them and gives what he paid for them I don't think he'd give a rats a$$.

YES I know this thread would be more helpfull with pics but my digital camera is MIA (wifey is pissed!) once I find it or replace it I'll post them up!

6. ZooMad75

Well at last I found my digital Camera. The wife was ready to take it out of my hide. So I was able to get a couple of snaps today.

Keep in mind I'm not a master fabricator like some of the guys here. But I did find a simple solution to the puzzle of putting late model seats in and old truck.

Clicky to see them here....

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Nice job, those seats look right at home in there. Looks good, I think I'll have too look for some now. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. ZooMad75

I appreciate the response. Its night and day differnce to the toyota seats I yanked.

I still got the two other Silverado seats in the garage I got to take back.