Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2002 yukon vortec 350

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by 68on44s, Nov 4, 2006.

1. 68on44s

68on44s Registered Member

well a friend totaled her yukon and she is going to buy it back from the insurance company. we are working a deal on the ecu/harness and motor. is there anything i should know about putting this in my 67? ill run an efi tank and pump. will the sdm465 bolt up to it? I believe it will. any info would be great. she is also giving my the front seats...

2. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

you're going to need some custom motor mounts among other things. being a 2002, it's not going to be a 350. that year has the gen III small blocks which are more or less completely different than the previous gen motors. if i had to guess, it's gonna be most likely a 5.3 liter or the 6.0 liter. they are better motors than the previous gens but they are quite different when it comes to transplants. i can tell you the bellhousing will bolt up, but you may even need some sort of custom clutch and pilot bushing setup.

i believe if you do searches for stuff like gen III and 5.3 swap or 6.0 swap, etc. you'll some of the specifics you would need to pull this off.

3. 68on44s

68on44s Registered Member

Thanks. it is a 5.3. i feel like as long as i can get the 4speed to hook up, and get the efi fuel tank, everything else will be easy enough. I can weld and have good electronic and fuel injection skills... lets see if this deal works out, i think it will be cool