Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2003 sub wiring help

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by beater74, Jun 9, 2003.

1. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

this is for a buddy of mine

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm trying to find out if anyone knows or has access to manuals or somebody else (Mr. Goodwrench) to find out the color of the wire leading from the fuse box under the hood of my 2003 Chevy Suburban that powers the powered sunroof. The wire should come through the firewall in the standard bundle, but I need to find out which wire goes to the sunroof. Its a 25 Amp circuit that is currently unused (no sunroof installed) and I'd like to make use of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I don't have a wiring diagram, but since that sunroof is a very expensive, rarely ordered option, I'd be surprised if the wiring for it is included in the standard harness. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif 2nd gen K5's had a standalone wiring harness for electric windows and door locks, since those options were fairly rare in the 70's and 80's. That makes me think that GM would do something similar on the sunroof wiring. (But then again, they have done stranger things!)

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Oh yeah, if your buddy is just looking for a place to tap into some power for an amp or something, there may be another option. Our '94 Sub has a great power buss that's hidden under the cover on the firewall for the fuel pump relay. I haven't poked around under the hood of an '03, but there is probably something like that hiding under the hood somewhere. (It's just a fancier version of the power post that was on the firewall of '73-'91 K5's and Subs. Instead of a single post, it has 4 or 5 of them). /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

thanks, i'll foward this to my bud.

5. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

I will look in the wiring dig. for my 01 K2500, though I dont remeber ever see a fuse for the sun roof and we have it.