Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2004 chevy z71

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sf_wood, Oct 5, 2005.

1. sf_wood

sf_wood Registered Member

so i had 4wheel parts install the pro comp 6" lift on my truck, with the mx6 shocks. the rear now sags crazy bad,with NO load. :mad: they added rear add a leafs plus blocks.What the F is the ploblem? can someone please help with this one ? 4wheel parts said thats just how it is, and won't do anything about it . PLEASE HELP

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

lower the torsion bars up front, or lift the back higher.

3. 0cP

0cP Registered Member

That truck has 2" blocks factory, did they swap to a bigger block? Do something with the shackles in the rear.

4. sf_wood

they put bigger blocks,plus an add a leaf

5. sf_wood

it did not have this problem before lift. 2 dirt bikes and camping gear and it road level.

6. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

When stock most trucks sit higher in the back, so when you put a load in them they level out. Most IFS lifts I have seen on the market lift the front higher than the back to level the stance when empty........what happens is that then when you put a load in it the back looks lower, even though the springs have deflected the same amount as they always have.

Considering you still have the same rear springs PLUS an add-a-leaf there is absolutely no reason the rear should sag any more than it did before....actually it should sag less. It's most likely just the perspective view of the truck with the lift installed.

7. sf_wood

i thought i was seeing things at first but the rear bump stops are almost hitting the rear end with a load. what should i do? buy new rear springs,blocks ,etc. if so which ones ? also when i just looked at my truck these idiots at 4wheel parts in san leandro did not check to see if the rear centering pin on rear blocks was too long . so the rear end pivots/rocks front to back. i know i need to cut the pin a little. but why should i have to do it ? i will NEVER let those IDIOTS work on anything of mine again . they said they test drove it 10 miles , but the speedo don't lie. 1 tenth of a mile. :crazy:they are now on the don't do buisness with list, cause they will either F your truck up , not install parts correctly,over charge you,not return all of your old parts and not give you their advertised discount. THEY SUCK!!!!!!! :mad:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2005