Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2004 rice harvest!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rjfguitar, Nov 3, 2004.

1. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

We almost have all of our rice harvested and thought I'd share some pics of our equipment, the harvest, and a couple of extra blazer shots. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

This is a pic ranch one out of four[​IMG]

Both combines ready to go!![​IMG]

Harvesting away!
    [​IMG]

Here's our bankout, it hauls the grain from the combines in the field to the trucks. Forget 44" boggers!.....5' Firestone Rice & Canes with 4" of tread depth. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[​IMG]

Here's a pic I snapped from the 4wd bankout driver seat of the grain being augered into it from the one of the combines.
    [​IMG]

Here's me after 1 month of harvesting everyday, not feeling my best. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    [​IMG]

Here's what the blazer has for duty these days around the ranches.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here's a pic of me and the girlfriend for fun. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [​IMG]

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Whoa, wierd harircut !

Cool deal, I have to motor around a combine every day here, late harvesters chomping up what they can

PROUD FARMERS OF AMERICA, BRINGING YOU HEALTHY FOOD THAT YOU CAN TURN INTO DISGUSTING UNHEALTHY CRAP, LIKE RICE CRISPIE BARS!

Proud of you, for what it's worth, I harvested animals for much of my youth, and it's a tough job

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Whoa, wierd harircut !

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, i think that's his head, not his haircut. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

good to see you're abusing on the Blazer. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

His Blazer has roller skates. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

cool,hard work keeps you alive. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifi want that bankout.after driving that it probably takes the fun out of the k5.?

6. boggerless

dude that sideways shot of you,you look like my friend (bone crusher). tim novak's his name.he works at a cemetary and used to have to smash the bones that don't burn. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

any one elce think this post was about someome smashing up some ricer???? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

cool pics though /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. boggerless

yes /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

yea I thought I was going to see some cool video of a ricer being run over /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

thats alot of rice!

11. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    Whoa, wierd harircut !

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    His Blazer has roller skates.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I don't get those two... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Maybe it's a west coast haircut or something. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

12. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I'm proud of you. your truck don't look quite so "blingy" in the pics /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    i want that bankout.after driving that it probably takes the fun out of the k5.?

[/ QUOTE ]I run the bankout mostly and it goes through about 16" of mud no problem loaded at 30K lbs. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif It's strait piped (DT466)and loud as hell but still fun to drive, especially with 4 wheel steering. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I have a picture of some HUGE ruts but can't get the pic resized for some reason. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

The blazer is still more fun though because it's so much faster and light. These days with it are fun because if I'm not pulling the trailer I've got my foot floorboarded trying to bounce through the 16" bankout ruts. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

14. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm proud of you. your truck don't look quite so "blingy" in the pics /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    I know, I'm ashamed of my self...haven't washed it in 2 months. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

15. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    I know, I'm ashamed of my self...haven't washed it in 2 months. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You're one step closer to Supersize75'dom!!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif The next set of pictures you post up will probably have the Blazer rolled on it's side... then it's on to the truggy. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

16. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're one step closer to Supersize75'dom!!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif The next set of pictures you post up will probably have the Blazer rolled on it's side... then it's on to the truggy. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Ah I hope not! I plan on just staying in the mud for now. I can haul it on my 20' gooseneck behind my dodge cummins and plan on doing a little mud racing here and there. A little nitrous maybe and posi front & back and see what I can do at the drags. My long range plans are to complete my restification when I get my dodge paid off, heck all that is left is a paint job and new interior and it would be a nice clean show worthy K5. I just hope I still have something in one piece and not a POS after playing with it when I want to pick up my resto job again. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

17. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I just hope I still have something in one piece and not a POS after playing with it when I want to pick up my resto job again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been wanting to start my resto since day one . I end up wheeling it , throwing upgrades at it , wheeling it , repairing it , wheeling it , something happens expensive to me , wheeling it , buy other hobbies some stuff , wheeling it , and collecting parts for the project instead of buying my resto stuff . I need an interior badly , and my respray is now pinstriped and each time I buff it , less pinstripes come out . I actually find myself thinking if I was just hit from behind or the side and wrecked my body enough , I could make my DD the project , give away my project to someone ambitious , and BUY an already nice Blazer with my settlement /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

18. mr_beer

mr_beer 1/2 ton status

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only hard working farmer here. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

19. rjfguitar

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

20. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    any one elce think this post was about someome smashing up some ricer???? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

cool pics though /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.