Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2005 OOffroad Expo (read you might find interesting)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jemaddux, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Jemaddux

Jemaddux Registered Member

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2005
  2. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

Banks is a world class organization, that's why they were so helpful

3. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

"The short, NOTHING, the show sucked from pretty much every way you could look at things"

wow! did it suck that bad? gezz I guess I'll stay home and watch football :D

4. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

I sure hope that was a big beer :eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

5. greg mgm

greg mgm 1/2 ton status

Jemaddux- - Yup, I know what you mean. After trying to deal with people like that in the past, now, I just move along and find companies with good customer service. Sometimes it takes a while, but they're out there.

6. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

i went and enjoyed myself, saw the petersens ultimate k10, i was kind of hoping some of the mag writers were there but oh well. over by the rock crawl they had a built baja k5 that was pretty creative, along with pfluegers truck i wanted to see.

the only intrest i had in buying anything was some diff covers, while my girlfriend was in the bathroom i walked over to crane and they were way cool, actualy had 2 people talking to me. got them to give me 15% off a set of diff covers for just asking, but i didnt have any dough at the time so the lady gave me her card and said to call her when im ready to buy and what not. i was gong to get a 4x doc diff guard but i think ill go with them just for how helpful they were.

the rock crawl was kind of lame though, a little small from what im used to.

overall i went to look at some trucks, and i liked what i saw, they had a good variety so everybody could see something they would enjoy. i didnt plan on going to a wal-mart for truck parts, its a place for manufacturers to show off their products and i got to fiddle with everything i saw.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'm glad I am getting to read this all over the place.........................

I really don't know what the deal is since I'm not attending, but of course it could be inline of what has been told to you already; but my personal experience with the show when I attended a couple of years back was that the manufacturers, including Mastercraft were more than helpful to the everyday guy like me.............

8. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I just got back from the expo and had a good time. I realize if you are going to go buy stuff it could be a pain but everyone I talked to was very helpful. The rock crawling was ok but was made better because I got to meet Jesse and Ian from Extreme 4x4. Also I think by waiting to the second day it was alot less crowded and would be alot easier to get help from the vedors.

9. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

sorry some of you had a bad time at the EXPO, i on the other hand had a GREAT time :D , i ordered my D60 CRANE diff cover 15% off, talked to HOWE STEERING, super nice guy, will be ordering my hydraulic assist full kit from them, and will be getting my rims bead locked from OMF for the show special price. and i thought there were HOT girls every where!. it was fun seeing my bud spend about 5000.00 at the show too. he ordered a RUBICON EXPRESS lift for his Jeep Rubicon, and bought the Hanson bumpers front and rear with the rack system, and front and rear D44 diff covers from CRANE. so all in all not a bad day :D oh! and i got a free hat from Tom Woods, from Tom Woods drive shafts.