Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2005, what a year!

Discussion in 'Vendor Forum' started by cybrfire, Jan 1, 2006.

1. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Where to begin?

First off I'd like to say thanks to CK5 and all its members. Without you I couldn't type this now.

This year has been a whirlwind! We started the year off by moving into the new building. This opened the door to so much. More space to make messes. It also allowed us to bring vehicles in for customers and do work on them right there at the shop. At the same time we were able to add some much needed equipment to the roster which in turn allowed for faster product development and turn around. It also allowed us to change the way some existing products were constructed.

July we attended Blazer Fest in California with the NORCAL guys and gals. Shook alot of hands and was able to put screen names with real names and faces. The trip had its interesting ups and downs. Left Iowa with a mild ear infection. By the time the air pressure changes had there way with my ear I found myself praying the ear drum would explode. An emergency room physician in Nevada said it would on the next mountain pass but it never did. Thank God, Stomper was with me to share the driving. I never realized how hard it is to drive with no equilibrium. 28 hours straight out and back non stop. Busted a tooth off while camping and got really inebriated (stay away from Cabo Wabo!) with the boys the last night there. KidJethro's truggy will hold you up nicely when your making your way back to the tent. Got a lot of seat time from Frizzlefry and Kidjethro which was awesome. Thanks guys. Had a blast out there and got alot of exposure and met some fantastic people. Can't wait for the next one.

Round about the end of August, Coonie's Racing Engines, moved his operation into the shop. This was excellent timing. Orders were increasing and I was getting tired. When he was slow he'd lend a helping hand and vice versa. Not to mention the fact that the Lathe broke down as well as the forklift and he was able to keep the down time to a minimum. Have you ever looked inside a Lathe?? UGG! I think there is about 5 manual transmissions in there!

Definitely wanted to attend more events but the schedule just didn't allow it. 2006 I will be attending Blazer Bash, make it or brake it.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is thanks for the support and a successful year. Cudos to you all!

I also need to take this opportunity to Thank my Wife and Children. They have sacrificed alot to support me as well. If you think being self employed will allow you more time to spend with your family, think again!

I would also like to thank Andrea Lyman for all her hard work and design on the DIY4X website. You've done a great job Andrea!

2006! Here we come full steam ahead. First thing in the cross hairs is to finish the 60 razorback cover.

After that we have quite a few things on the drawing board. Not gonna say right now what they are, some will be new entirely and some will be older things revisited.

A long read but it all needed to be said. Thanks again!

Kert Cohoon
    DIY4X

Last edited: Jan 1, 2006
  2. TexasA&Mblazer

TexasA&Mblazer 1/2 ton status

Sounds great! :thumb: I look forward to ordering some products from you this year! :D

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

I really cant wait!:D Kert, youve done n amazing job and are producing top notch products at the bare minimum price. You are a stand up guy and im sure i speak for everyone when i say were all happy to see that youve been doing so well and are excited to see what you are going to be coming out with. Congratulations man! youve done something few people can do and we are all appreciative of it!

4. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

x2

im looking forward to those razorback covers as well. from what ive heard the "razors" make it alot more rigid making it overall stronger. and you cant be the price.

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Glad you had a good year Kert. Hope it keeps moving forward for you in the new year. I know you have the right idea for products, pricing and customer service that will keep you on top.

6. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Keep up the great work! I'm certain your hard work will pay off in many ways in the near future.

Looking forward to doing more business with you.:D

7. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Congrats on your progress in 2005 Kert. Keep making killer products at a reasonable price with outstanding service and you will continue to grow!!

I have got a few of DIY's products on the Jimmy and plan on a few more in the future. Always got quick service, quick shipping and lots of good advise from DIY. Thanks.

8. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Glad you are here Kert. I love your products and love my Guardsman!

9. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Your stuff rocks. I am glag CK5 has been beneficial to you. I know it has for me. I wouldn't have the truck I have now if it weren't for you and this place.