Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2005 yamaha YFZ 450

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddysub, Feb 10, 2004.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

does anyone on here have one of these? im gettin one sometime this year before xmas. [​IMG] its the most bad ass machine on the market right now! hehehehe i love em. just wondering if anyone on here has one and what u think of it...

2. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

is it 440 cc or 450 you can not race it in the 400 class if it is450 -- or racing is not your thing?

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

nope just blasting across the desert and jumping. its a 450 but actual displacement is 439cc

4. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    is it 440 cc or 450 you can nor race it in the 400 class if it is450

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Yamaha sleeved it to make it within Race standards.

It's a fast MOFO I'll tell you that. They are smoking everything at the dunes. I don't care for the feel of it...(It's small feels like a Blaster /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif), but I could get used to it. I like my Raptor still /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I want one but can't afford it right now. My buddy has a 2004 I've ridden its sick! First time I took it out I cracked it in second gear and pulled the front end up. I kept running out of field before I hit 5th gear. Has a race pipe on it too, sounds awesome. I found that when you are barely moving(like 5mph) it turns like a suburban, but when you get moving it carves and turns on a dime.

6. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

Ill be getting one soon. If I make E5 this year Im gonna. One cycle shop aproved my credit but I have other things I want more like 1 ton gear /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

i know 3 people who race them, they all love em, one bought it, then spent $2000 immediately on suspension /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif and is doin well for a beginner racer, the other crashed his pretty bad on his first/second race, and just got it running, but is still healing his broken collar bone, the third has ridden the 450's, and just bought one a couple days ago, they all say they're the best ride around, but im sorta clueless with these things

8. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

A guy I work with hs one and he loves it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifI took my son to the honda dealership yesterday and The new 450r is just badass .I personally would buy the bulletproof honda.I just rescently sold an 86 atc 350x that ran perfect with the 18 year old stock motor . /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    check out www.dirtwheels.com