Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2007 Silverado/Sierra uncovered

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by K5Greek, Jul 31, 2006.

1. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

before anyone post it yes they are ifs get over it

anyway i think the silverado looks much better witht the body colored bumper but i think gmc has the better looking truck. the gray interior is for the lower models and thetahoe like interior is for the higher trim levels

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34942

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Hmm is this a repost? its on a topic thats been reposted and reposted and reposted over the past 2 months.... but an article I've yet to see...

3. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

yea i think the silverado one was posted, but that was a red crewcab this one shows the interior and gmc truck and ext cab versions

4. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

The 1/2 tons were never rumored to have SFA as far as I know, only the HD versions which we have yet to see...

5. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

fugly!!!

6. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

At least the GMC looks like a truck. The front end is still too low, though.

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

newer GMs would be ok for a tow rig or something... I wouldn't own one for anything else though. A mid-sized truck would get way better mileage. A new 2wd Ranger with the 2.9 can get almost 30mpg and can run on E85 to boot. :thumb:

The '07 is kinda shrug-worthy IMO. If they bring back solid axles on beefier trucks... that would actually be cool.

j

8. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

9. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

They both will make good amo for my trebuchet.

10. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

That Silverado has got to be the ugliest truck I have ever seen. The Sierra is boring as hell. Looks like they are banking on gimmicks and a piss poor attempt at radical styling instead of building a truck that actually gets the job done. Fock GM I'll stick with my Dodge.

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

what annoys me about the bumpers (either one of them) isn't that they are chrome or body colored (bling = pointless worries)... what bothers me is that they don't offer chit for protection. It ain't just chevy though, its all the big trucks these days. Anyone else remember that bank of tests where the ran full size rigs into walls/poles at less than 5 mph? I remember a Dodge getting over $5,000 in damage from one of the pole tests. Thats just pathetic. Might as well just put a bed on a metro (El Cametro?) and drive that around. Average corporate gas milage seems to trump everything else these days, which is completely lame.

real trucks should have real bumpers. A lady backed into my K5 once when I had the KMA front bumper. She got a shattered rear window, a bunch of folded sheetmetal, a ****ed hatchback door etc. I got a tiny scratch on my bumper. Next day I busted out a rattle can full of black and a single half second burst "fixed" it. Now that is a bumper.

j

12. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

its not that though its just that everycar company seems to create the cars with crumple zones or w/e so it reduces the risk of someone getting hurt but damages the car badly...my first accident i rear ended a passat and from braking i prob hit her at like around 15 mph and it didnt even look that bad..but it was a total of5k worth of dmg cause i guess everything else crumbled to make it safe? only thing that happend to me was the trim on the bumper got cut up a bit and my fog light bent back..i love driving a tank:haha:

13. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

With all the Japanese cartoon styling of all the new trucks coming out I really don’t get too excited about any of them.

That being said, I’ll be buying a GMC when the time comes next year.:pimp:

14. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

The Silverado looks like an overgrown Colorado. The GMC looks like an abortion of an F150 and a Titan with Dodge taillights. The dash from the Tahoe/Denali looks like the dash in my wife's '04 F150. I'm sick of all the car companies copying each other and producing the same damn things over and over. There was a period through the late 70's/early 80's where at night, the illuminated headlights of the big three pickups all looked the same, but in daylight they all looked different. Now they all look the same in the daylight, including the foreign ones. Wth is wrong with these people?