Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

$201 later and I made it home from the UCP charity ride

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by yunit, Aug 11, 2002.

1. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Well my alternator took a dump once I hit the road (120 miles from home). I thought I could make it home on just the battery...but it did not happen. I was down to about 10 volts on the battery when I decided to pull over and try to find a place I could get a battery, but when I pulled in the parking and looked under my truck, the transfer case was pissing ATF everywhere; not a good thing (40 miles from home. I made a phone call home and my cousin told me to find someone to flatbed me home first before he hooked up to the trailer to come get me, two seconds later a guy pulls up with a flatbed and asks if I need a tow; DITTO! The guy loads me up, stops at the quicky mart gets himself a little snack, because he is a little guy pushing 400pds and the snack was a 12" sandwich, 2 12" slim jims, and a fruit salad, but he complained that he was still hungry.
    Well I made it home in one piece and would do it again.

BTW-this guy stunk, p-u![​IMG]

here is a pick of my being loaded on the flatbed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

damn, glad to hear you made it home ok...

wheres the t-case leaking from?

by the way, i already checked your webshots and i have one question...did billy bob make it out of the "abyss"?
    the paragon guys said nobody's made it out of that...they were shocked when i told them i got out of that hole all of us went through...

sweet pics by the way

Later

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Damn dude. I am just glad you made it home ok. I have my pics from the digital to upload and have 4 rolls to get developed and put on disc. I just hope everybody had a good time and gets home ok and in one piece.

4. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

I don't know yet, but when the truck was up like 25-30 degrees on the flatbed it started to poor out. I am going to order the Doubler this week and be done with it. I am also taking my shitty 2001 VW Jetta and trading it in for a HD diesel truck as a tow rig; don't know what kind yet, i would like a crew cab though. Plan on me making it to Tellico in October.
    /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Yeah, he made it through. It sure was no "abyss", I could of went through it in neutral if i had enough speed.

5. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

sounds like a plan then...like i said let me know if youre going down to tellico ill meet up with you guys...

when Brandy and I told those paragon staff guys where we went in the mud they literally flipped a [censored]...but they also said that whole area is covered in water usually

Later

6. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Did you tell them I reversed it through the one hole? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

A guy pulls up with a trailer and askes if you need him!

Have you been sacrificing goats or something? Man you lucked out! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

8. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

The abyss was about 4 to 5 feet lower then normal according to PAP officials. That is why it will swollow a Hummer. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

yeah i told them i hit it front and back in two wheel and we had other guys running 35s and 36s going through it and they couldnt believe it

Later

10. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

spanky and i were discussing the logistics of a telico trip...how far is that from you? i guess you and wayne made it home ok? we'll talk. cousin lover /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

p.s. the strap held the front axle the whole way home /forums/images/icons/smile.gif center pins are a waste of money

11. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    ULA GOATA I NEEDA A FLATBEDA...RIGHT NOWA!!!

12. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

tellico is probably 10 hours from me maybe a little less...if you guys wanna run it too lets go...im all for it

anybody want some wooter ice? maybe the kid in the trunk /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

haha...i hear that...too bad my windshield didnt like jason slamming into it...

Later

13. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

Get a quad cab HD diesel rig that's able to pull a house. that way you can haul My truck and Chris' too, as well as yours /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

14. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

We had one of our vehicles end up on a flatbed too, but it was a tow rig!! Matt used his girlfriends dodge van to tow the 57 Willy's down from Rochester and it spun a bearing on the last hill on 81. To make matters worse, the Willy's tore the spring plate bolts out of the D60 housing on M trail (which many of you know since you got to watch us try to macgyver it back together! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ) so it couldnt be driven home either. Luckily we've got some great friends who drove down from Syracuse to tow Willy home and the van made it to the PA/NY border before it needed to go on a flatbed. All in all it took us nearly 12 hours to make a 4.5 hour drive, but we still had a hell of a good time this weekend! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif