Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

203-205 with sm465

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dentedup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. dentedup

dentedup Registered Member

I've been running this setup for a year and love it. But my 10spline 203 input is ( and was when I got it) worn out. I've been wanting to do a 32spline short shaft conversion on my sm465, but can't find anyone that makes these. ( ORD is not getting any at this time ). I've heard about converting a sm465 2whdr shaft to 32spline. NWF said they could help me out, but have had my 2whdr shaft since july 06 and it looks like that is never going to happen.

Has anyone had one made?, if so where?

Or at this point I'd settle for a new 10spline input, anyone know a source?, I've been looking with no luck

thanks for any help

2. 454k30

454k30 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

there is 10 spline gear for sale on ebay right now but the idiot wants 400 for the gear and the adapter. I have heard of using a 2wd shaft but I am not sure what mods, if any, you need to do to use it witha 32 spline 203.

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

the '85 or '86 and newer sm465 are 32spline, why not just swap one of those in and get a 32spline input for the 203?

4. dentedup

dentedup Registered Member

I want to stay with the short adapter, the sm456's with the factory 32 spline output are to long