Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

203 / 208 Transfer case swap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dontoe, May 12, 2004.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've already swaped my axles to a 73 blazer from a 82 pickup. Transfer case is next for lower gearing and part time operation. Wonder if anyone can ID any problems I might encounter. Shifter linkage and mounting and 350 transmission bolt up are my main concerns.

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

What is the tcase off of? If it is off of a 700R4 you will find the adapter will bolt up but the output shaft will be too short.

3. dontoe

Oh yea...both are 350 transmissions. The axles boled on whithout a problem as did the tailgate. A softtop is in the mail. I had to use a u-joint that is two sizes in one. Early model to late model.

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh yea...both are 350 transmissions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since they are both off of TH350's then it should not take much more than mounting the shifter to the floor board of the truck and possibly using the driveshafts off of the donor as well /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Since your donor is a pickup the front shaft will fit but the rear will need to be shortened.

5. dontoe

Thanks for the replys.