Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

203 always kicks out

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 78Blazer, Sep 10, 2000.

1. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

My 203 always kicks out of low loc on its own any Ideas of what causes this????

Scott
    78blazer

2. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Your first step would be do verify that the linkage is adjusted properly. tcase goes in nuetral, remove linkage from the shifter and insert a pin into the shifter which holds it stationary. Then verify that the tcase forks are pointing down (6 oclock) then bring each arm over and adjust it so that it will fit into the forks on the shifter easily. If it doesnt quite reach, then unscrew the adjuster to lengthen the shift arm. If its too long, then shorten it. Once they fit in the forks of the shifter, it is adjusted. Remove the pin in the shifter and try it again. If it still does it like my 203 did, then look at internal problems. Mine had a worn out part time kit, so I dumped the 203 in favor of a 205 Gear driven unit. Havent had a problem since.