Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

203 and 205 T case help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RampageFSJ, Sep 12, 2005.

1. RampageFSJ

RampageFSJ 1/2 ton status

I`m planning right now and I went to Northwestfab.com and found NP 203 32 spline input for 2 prices. One price with a new input seal and bearing and the other without one. I have a 27 spline 203 lying around and am planning for a doubler anyways so I may swap that in before a 205 swap. I was wondering if the 27 spline input seal and bearing is in good shape, can I use that with the 32 spline input? And I`ve heard everywhere that a 205 needs machining work to fit a 32 spline input in due to a larger bearing. How much needs done and do I just take it to a local machine shop and tell them what to do? How much does that usually cost?

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

The 32 spline is the "big bore" case, your 27 spline seal etc. won't work with a 32 spline input. Take it to a machine shop and tell them you need it bored out to however big the 32 spline input is (I don't know) the machining fee shouldn't be outrageous, it's not a real big job.

3. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

I paid $100 to have my case machined to accept the bigger bearing. Ive heard of peole paying $175.

4. RampageFSJ

RampageFSJ 1/2 ton status

Thanks.