Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

203 broke HELP!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Redfrog, Dec 22, 2001.

1. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

I back out of a parking spot and BANG!!!!!!!!! that was all she wrote. I pushed it back in the parking spot and there it sits

If the transfer case is in nuetral and the transmission is in nuetral why is it still grinding? if it was the chain the should be no noise correct? so what could be causing the grinding
    the range box? What else could it be? by the way it rolls when it is in park if that matters

Also where is the best place to get a rebuild kit on-line the part stores around here are smoking crack on their prices.
    TIA

*wink*

my 79 rust bucket will run over your 2001 chevy 4X4 tahoe plastic wagon

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Help us help you here guy.
    Is it part time converted? You can't get it in any gear? Put the truck in park and try to get the case in gear....does it roll like that. With the tranny in park does the grinding still happen?
    If it's grinding with the tranny in N then yes it sounds like it's the case. Have yo checked to see if the shift linkages maybe fell off the shifter and it dropped out of high?

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

3. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

yes it is a part-time 203.. there is no problem getting it into any gear rather it be in the tranny or the case. all of the linkages are ok. the only time it does not grind is when the tranny is in park when it is in park is rolls with the case in gear. I should have elaborated more sorry about that you think it's the chain?
    TIA

*wink*

4. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

Well It's broke!,,, No just kidding,,
    Ive ben told if the Part time kit goes, it drops down causing some real damage.
    Also do your self a favor and dont spend your money twice like i did, and just drop a 205 in...

" Wider IS Better!!!"<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/wheelininco>www.community.webshots.com/user/wheelininco</a>

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Not the chain if it has a part time kit. It's something internal. I'd pull the tail shaft housing off and check the part time kit first. That would be the easiest thing to start with.
    I have never heard of a range box failing unless it was run with no oil. So I doubt it's that.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

6. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

Thanks I will check that out in a bit
    I have to get it towed first :(

*wink*