Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

203 coversion kit and chain questions!!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by chevyfumes, Jul 31, 2002.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Anyone know which one to install first or does it matter.... I don't want to have to install the chain and then find out later that it's now in the way of installing the kit and having to remove it again, know what I mean.... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

If you need to replace the chain then I would plan on doing that first. Then you can put the conversion kit in as you put it back together.

There are a few different types of conversion kits: wedges that lock the diff gears up and complete replacement tailshafts. The strongest (by far) is the replacement tailshaft. This unit just replaces the differential in your transfer case with a solid shaft.

Both types are very easy to install on or off the truck. the only thing you need to do is remove your rear driveshaft and the rear part of the housing and everything is right there.

Chains, on the other hand, are still easy to do but they require much more dis-assembly.

Have fun!

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Thanks Dan , thats what I wanted to hear.... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif