Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

203/d300 doubler in fullsize?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddybuddy, Jun 20, 2006.

1. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

is that combo a bad idea in a fullsize? i found one thats only a couple hours away and it sounds like a pretty good deal. is that askin for trouble or would it be ok?

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I asked the same question a year or so ago because they have the 4to1 for the 300. The main thing was its to weak for a full size but to me that is a CK5 thing. Same as body lifts suck, everything has to be half inch DOM, that kinda stuff. Being all gear and that I have wheeled with a guy using one behind a healthy 350 I think it would be fine.

3. muddybuddy

alright, thats kind of what i thought. i can pick the whole thing, which has little miles on it, for $700, sound like a deal?

4. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

You would need to upgrade to 32 spline front and rear outputs. That's a weak link for the 300...

What spline count does the 203 have? Make sure it will bolt up to the tranny your running. $700 doesn't sound like a great deal, but maybe an OK deal if it was plug and play with no mods...300s are pretty cheap.

Also another issue is the width of the 300. You will have pan interference if you run it with a 700r4...

5. muddybuddy

doh ive got a 700. the 203 has 27spline, not sure on the 300 outputs. he says:

Changing drive train and projects so my doubler is up for sale. It includes the TH350 to NP203 factory adapter, NP203 with the custom output shaft, cleaned and painted, great shape, clocked upside down for flat skid. The Doubler adapter is also inlcuded made so the Dana 300 is clocked perfectly flat, both are cleaned and painted recently in great shape. They have very little use on them and worked great!

$700

6. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Need to find what side drop it is. Also what he ran for a front shaft...

The 300s input and front output is an inch narrower than an Atlas. I had to clearence the rear passenger corner of my tranny case and pan to fit my front HAD 1350 shaft. No way the 300 would have worked with a single shaft.

The doubler should give you extra room for the interference issue though...