Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

203 fulltime transfer case and 205 questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BozoWise, May 6, 2002.

1. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I am putting a dana 60 into my 1979 K5 blazer which has a 203 fulltime transfer case. With the lock-out hubs on the D60 hubs in the unlocked position will I have to run the transfer case in high loc? Should I just run the hubs locked and use the transfer case in high. I am going to get a partime conversion for the 203 any suggestions for the kit?

Thanks for the info.

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

If you already have a 205 or can get one for $100 then that's the way to go. It is a better case to use if your not planning on running full time. The part time kit runs about $80.
    For now, as long as the front axle is open, I think the better option would be lock the hubs and drive it In High just like you normaly do.

3. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Yep you will have to run with the hubs locked to move.
    Or with the hubs unlocked and in 4loc.
    If you have a 205 to swap in that would be the way to go.

4. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys I think I am also going to keep the 205 setup and look into a doubler. I will just run the 203 with a partime kit for now since I want to save as much as I kind and not have drivelines redone until the doubler.

What kind of partime kits are you guys using. So far I have heard that the Mile Marker rear replacement shaft is the way to go.

5. ratpack7

ratpack7 Guest

ether way will work. I run mine with the hubs unlocked.