Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

203 kit?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 78burb, Mar 23, 2006.

1. 78burb

78burb Registered Member

I have the milemarker kit in my 203 and it burnt up the thrust bearing! I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is a local Napa item or do I have to order the 701 bearing kit from milemarker? It seems like a normal part and it sure would be easier to buy local. Any help would be great. Thanks

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Try your local tranny shop versus napa.

3. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

How did you find the thrust bearing shot?

4. 78burb

78burb Registered Member

First off the t-case wouldn't go into 4hi anymore. So I tore into it to find that the bearing was toast. Actually in about 10 pieces in the bottom of the case. When the bearing went it let things have a little play and the part with the teeth that engages 4x4 had the teeth sheered off :eek1: ! Everything else is fine inside I just need the new bearing. I was just hoping to get it local. If I had one to compare with I could take it in to match it up. But mine is long gone. Thanks for the replies.

Hey Mouse hows things down in Great Falls? I am up here in Whitefish. People from MT showing up everywhere.

5. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Things are going fine here. Once work slows down the local club will try some wheeling. The mountains still have a lot of snow though. Its always fun trying to see how far you can get (as long as you carry recovery gear).