Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

203 part time or 205

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazinzuk, Mar 4, 2005.

1. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Okay heres my situation. I am trying to get my rig ready for EJS 40" tires 1 ton axles built turbo 350 stock 350 engine and stock 203 t-case. I was just going to convert my case to part time with the cheap kit, but my brothers blazer(stock) with the part time kit keeps on breaking his part time kit which in turn has damaged some other stuff.
    I am limited by time and funds my options are
    1. Install the cheap kit hope for the best
    2. Buy the milemarker shaft kit install it this seems to be about $250
    3. I have freind who will give me a 205 with the right spline count. So far though I haven't been able to find the adaptor plate I need. I can get one from my gm dealership for like $275 (they are not even sure if it is the right one).
    I know the best option would be to install the 205 but I would have to have my driveshafts changed and find the right shifters and hope a t-case that has been sitting outside for 3 years uncovered is just fine.
    Would I be alright to install the cheap part time kit to go to Moab and then change to the 205 this summer. I don't want to break it in Moab. Please help all opinions welcome Thanks guys :confused::confused:

2. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

i would go with the cheap 203 conversion kit for now . i have never crawled any rocks but i sure have given my truck pure hell with the 203 tcase with the cheap 203 part time kit installed never any trouble

3. FWP

FWP CRS

I would leave it as is for now, save your pennys, and go with better gearing, like a doubler. I would be more worried about the tranny, with those size tires. Your torque convertor's sceaming for mercy. I hope you have a trans temp gage so you don't smoke the tranny..

4. bayou blazer

bayou blazer 1/2 ton status

I have a milemarker conversion kit (shaft type) that I never used. You can have it for $100 plus shipping. Let me know if you are interested.
    Jeff

5. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You have a pm bayou blazer :D

6. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

I'll get in line for that. :saweet: