Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

203 Problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76blaz, Aug 2, 2001.

1. 76blaz

76blaz Registered Member

My 203 is leaking bad, does anybody know where I can get a rebuild kit for it?

Other question is, should I stay with the 203 or switch to a 205.

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Where is it leaking from? Tranny shops have a nasty habbit of Using RTV where the case meets the Tranny adaptor. The tails haft seal you can get from Auto Zone. Autozone and Pep Girls both say they can get a full kit but it's like $40. If it includes those seals then that's a reasonable price. They can't tell me if it includes the input output seals. Neither place says they can get the front output seal alone although they do have a part number listed.
    I have been getting the paper gaskets from Southern Gear in Atlanta for less than $10. They use to have a web site at www.southerngear.com but it no longer works. I have a lmost a complete set but it's missing the case to adaptor seal (good old tranny shop rtv job repair). It's also missing one of the tail cone seals.

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</a>

Grim-Reaper

3. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

For gaskets, have you checked with the various drivetrain places, like 4xheaven up in NY? There's also a place down in Lumberton, Mississippi that does transfer cases but I can't remember the name. They should be able to round up all the seals and gaskets. The newyork place is 4xheaven.com also.

Email: littlepig@keepandbeararms.com