Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

203 RANG BOX ROTATION

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by RUSS84K5, Dec 11, 2001.

1. RUSS84K5

RUSS84K5 1/2 ton status

Hi Stephen,

When you rotate the GM 203 range box 90 degrees to the right, do you still have room for the exhuast pipe. Can the 203 box be rotated 180 to be totaly up side down and still have good oiling to the small gears that are now on the top?

Thanks
    Russ V.

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

If you are going to rotate a GM box 180 degrees, you may as well get the Ford 203 range box, which already is in that 180 degree GM position.

I'm not picking my nose...I'm just pointing at my brain!! [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

When it's turned 90 degrees, there is room for a pipe, not much but it does fit. My frame rail is boxed and the skidplate is right against it, with a 2" tube going up from there so we didn't have much room for exhaust, but it worked. each side has a 2.5" tube running right by the t-cases. Without a boxed frame you would have a little more room to play.
    I don't know that I like the idea of rotating it 180. The oil would climb up just fine, but I like the idea of the idler shaft bearings being under oil. I'm not totally sure you would always have enough in them. You would also have leak potential out of the shifter assembly.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    SW-ORD
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a>