Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

203 rebuild kit?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by trailblazer86, May 28, 2005.

1. trailblazer86

trailblazer86 1/2 ton status

Where is the best place to purchace a rebuild kit for an np203?
    I'm talking all the gaskets, bearings and other wearable parts.
    I just pulled a 203 apart today, it is 27 years old and doesn't really show too much wear. A rebuild should freshen it up for another 10 or 15 years.

Up here in the snow a 203 is fantastic. I had one in a 79 and loved it. I may go part time later but right now I want the full time drive and the 203 is the best way to go.

2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I love the 203 for snow and real slick clay / mud too but sometimes when I'm on pavement part time case seems appealing! Measure your chain width before you buy a kit as there are different ones. I bought mine from transmission exchange or something like that and got poor service and ripped off on the chain as they sent the wrong one after i told them what I had. They insisted I payed for the shipping back to them from England that was more than the chain cost in the first place! :mad: