Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

203 rebuild video

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Leadfoot, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have the NP205 rebuild video and would be willing to make a copy and trade it for a NP203 rebuild video (or a copy of it). Does anybody have one. The NP205 is an EASY case to rebuild, how is the 203 (I've never done one [​IMG]). I'm looking to tackle one this summer/fall as I just bought a second K series [​IMG][​IMG] and this one is equipped with the 203. It has 200,000+ on it so I am going to go through it before next winter.

See my rig at <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Leadfoot> click here </a>

2. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

where did you get the vid?
    I would be interested in that.

formerly 77chev
    still a jerk though

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I'd encode that to streaming video for you if Steve wants to host it? (Video is the cholesterol of the Internet!!!)

I started with nothing and I still have most of that left! - <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/borregok5> Pictures</a>

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

A streaming video that large would bankrupt Steve. It would blow his bandwidth usage off the map after getting downloaded a few hundred times. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

5. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

i would also like to know about the vid.
    i got my 205 apart w/ chiltons but a video ,thats cool.

6. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

i can encode it to video and make it a vcd for dvd or mpeg for pc...

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I bought the NP205 rebuild video from click here

8. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Now were talkin!

I started with nothing and I still have most of that left! - <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/borregok5> Pictures</a>

9. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

I have rebuilt a 203. It was pritty easy considering I havn't had any experiance rebuilding anything drivetrain. But just cuz it was easy dons't mean I did it right. It had a part time kit in it and it wouldn't say in the loc position with any load on the front end. It also wouldn't run in normal position without trying to engage in the loc position (only with the front hubs unlocked). My only option was to run with the hubs locked and the case unlocked, or the case locked and not the hubs, and no four wheeling, it just couldn't take it. So I took it out and had the dealership tear it apart and it turns out the bull gear (and the one it meshes into) almost didn't have any teath left on it. I ended up getting a whole nother x-case, but I am comfidant that if I had the two new gears that the dang thing would work right.
    I would say go for it and rebuild it. As for shims, tolerances, and end play,,, I don't know anything of these and the case and am not sure how they would effect the operation of it. but there must be specs out there for these things.

No, thats not a dent in my truck's body. I call it my truck's armor.