Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

203 rotation with a doubler

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Oct 1, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Alright so who has their 203 rotated with their doubler setup? If so, how much? I'm trying to sell stuff so I can order my doubler and wondering what rotation I should go with. For ground clearance and functionality I'm thinking 203 upside down and 205 clocked up just a little. See I'm running a Chevy range box with a Ford 205, so flipping the 203 would put my shifter on the same side as the Ford shifters.

If you have a flipped 203, what did you do about your first crossmember mount? Since the adapter mount would be inside the cab the only thing I can think is to run a mount off of the transmissions provision for a mount(the 2wd setup). Anyone tried this? My thought is maybe a rubber mount there and poly mounts back at the doubler adapter. Try and have a little give at the trans case.

Input is appreciated.

2. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Why not just clock the 203, 90* like this>> ( the 205 is also flat)[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I made a custom crossmember for the 203 and 205. It's all tucked up just above the frame rails. Sorry no pics. If you remember estaban's (sp) crossmember, it was my insperation.

3. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Such a nice looking piece! I like it more every time I see it. Want to trade! :haha:

Oh, what hours are you at work.......

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

beacuse this is an S10 and I think I would be left with little room between the frame rails running it like that.

5. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

8 - 4:30

5:30 - 11 :doah: