Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

203 to 205 swap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 2High4U, Dec 5, 2005.

1. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

im looking for the driveshaft length's for a 205 in my blazer i want to minimize the downtime to a minimum so i would like to have them on hand before i start the swap. its stock and has the original driveshafts i think it has a 4 in lift. i took it out in the snow today and seems like lowloc wasnt working but hiloc is. it gears down low in low loc but doesnt spin the tires when floored i have always hated 203's and autos :mad: if i switch to a manual later on will the shaft lengths change again?

2. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

I've asked this in the past and never got an answer:( But now theres snow so I'll have to wait till spring:doah:

3. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I've found that when switching transmissions or transfer cases it's always a good idea to get the driveshafts from the donor vehicle. IIRC the 203 and 205 are not the same length and you would need new driveshafts. Same with the manual transmission since it's much shorter than the auto... unless of course you went with a newer manual transmission and even then you might still need drive shafts. I actually had to make my own shafts front and rear from a short bed to fit my blazer. I need to make a new front drive shaft soon since I broke my original one (which I had to shorten for the manual transmission) The reason why nobody can answer questions like this is that there are no definite answers... it would be like if I asked you what size shoes fit my feet.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

The 205 is shorter than a 203, so you'll need a longer rear shaft and shorter front shaft.

5. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

When I changed from a 350/203 to a 465/205, I had to lengthen the rear shaft 6-7 inches. Whatever that's worth. The 465 is shorter than the 350, and the 205 is shorter than the 203. You're better off making all your changes at once.

6. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

thanks for all the replies ill have to find a truck with that setup and look