Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

203 x-case help...shifter snapped off.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NITRO, Mar 29, 2003.

1. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

i was out wheeling on a friends property and it has hills leading up to railroad property. well, i decide to try a hill and when i get to the top i want to put it in 2 hi...usually this isnt a problem. well, i tried everything. then i will usually kick it to get it in if pushin/pullin doesnt work. this time, the shifter sheared clean off right by the pivot bolt. is there n e way i can disconnect the rods and get it into 2 hi?? its in neutral right now and i had to tow it home cuz the cops said i was trespassing. luckily one of the cops was my wrestling coach and didnt care. so the 4 cops were sittin there shootin the [censored] while im over here tryin to get it into a gear and figure out what to do with the open headers so i dont get in trouble. well, i tried pullin on the rods and almost got it in gear i think. so i started it up and one of the cops gets down and comes over to me and asked if the clickin noise was cuz i wasnt in gear. then he asked if i was runnin straight headers...all he said about those was that they sound nice(thank god no ticket) sorry for the long post, but does n e one know how the 2 bars need to b to get it into 2 hi?? or know where i can get a shifter soon. no junkyards around have one /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif thanx a lot.

NITRO

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

No idea on the shifter but if you need any help just drop me line /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif