Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

203 ????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NoSmog73, Mar 28, 2003.

1. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Ok when I yanked the 203 out last night there was TC fluid coming out of the 2 bolts on the passenger side where that angle piece is mounted too the frame and the rubber spacer is @ ...
    So is there suposed to have fluid there (coming out...) because my brothers TC Also a 203 but from a 74 has those same holes to mount that brace to and the brace isnt in right now and there is no fluid loss there.
    here is some pic's

This is the bracket that mounts to the frame and plugs the holes in the case...[​IMG]

This is the whole thing....[​IMG]

this is the holes that I was refering to..[​IMG]

2. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

There is no place for any fluid to leak from those holes. Those are strictly for mounting to the frame support.

Looking at how dirty your Tcase/tranny are, I'd put my money on it has been leaking for a while and oil just poured over those bolts and got the inside of it wet over time.

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    There is no place for any fluid to leak from those holes. Those are strictly for mounting to the frame support.

Looking at how dirty your Tcase/tranny are, I'd put my money on it has been leaking for a while and oil just poured over those bolts and got the inside of it wet over time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish that it was just left over run off...LOL
    But I had to put the drain pan under it and I drained most of the TC that way....I can take a light and see all the way into the case...?????????

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

Waxer, i am sorry to say, but in tis case of cases you are wrong. i have 2 203's in my garage now and another in a truck that the case used to be mine. 2 of the 3 bolt holes for the mount went through the case and would leak if i pulled the bolts. the 3rd case has blind holes. i have seen more blind holed cases than all the way through but they are out there. not sure on the year of them or anything. but i about crapped my pants on it when i saw my case do it and not my buddies when we pulled them both.
    some do it and some dont.
    grant

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

yeah, mine don't...mine doesn't even have that mount that goes to the frame /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Waxer, i am sorry to say, but in tis case of cases you are wrong. i have 2 203's in my garage now and another in a truck that the case used to be mine. 2 of the 3 bolt holes for the mount went through the case and would leak if i pulled the bolts. the 3rd case has blind holes. i have seen more blind holed cases than all the way through but they are out there. not sure on the year of them or anything. but i about crapped my pants on it when i saw my case do it and not my buddies when we pulled them both.
    some do it and some dont.
    grant

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, ya learn something new every day /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've had both a 203 and a 205, and neither go all the way through. My spare 205 doesn't have the mount holes at all.

Good to know about all the variances.

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

if ya dont learn something new every day, big or small, then ya dont have a reason to keep on with life, or you know EVERYTHING. one of the benifits of CK5 is i dont have to look very long to learn something new.

i got 3 205's here, all have the bolt holes for the brace, but all are blind.

grant

8. limey

limey 1/2 ton status

i pulled my 203 about a month ago while rebuilding the tranny and mine leaked from that same place