Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

205 -case

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Brady, Sep 7, 2000.

1. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

Anyone seen a 205 with a slip- shaft before.Is this common to the '80 and newer Chevys.I have a 205 in my Blazer it has a fixed rear shaft.But I have an '80 truck for parts it has what I think is a 205 and has a slip shaft.It also has the big front yolk with the bolts that go in from the front.Can I swap this on to the older 205?Brady

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

3. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

not only does it have the slip shaft out put but if you look I bet it has the round stile adapter to the trany.

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken

4. Steve_87K5

Steve_87K5 1/2 ton status

yes, I have a slip yoke 205 here on the floor. But has the hour glass not round pattern. I don't know what it came out of. If you need measurements let me know.

SteveB

5. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

All 1980 trucks and Blazers came with a 205 slip yoke. I just converted my 205 (came out of 3/4 truck) from a slip to fixed yoke last night. I'm sure you don't want the slip rear slip yoke but you should be able to swap the front yoke. If you don't have a front CV shaft, let me know since I have one.

Shawn
    87 K5
    few mods

6. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Shawn, my Jimmy has the slip yoke NP205, and after having to drive with the rear shaft out I want to convert to a fixed yoke. Is this a junk yard parts swap or do I have to buy new stuff? Do you know if the fixed output from an NP203 would work? If you used new parts (and don't mind saying) what kind of cost am I looking at? Any thought of a write up here or at off-road.com, or is it just a take one off and put the new one deal? Thanks for you input, Jim '80 GMC.

It's a Wheelbase thing, You're Jeep wouldn't understand!
    http://www.bigjbear.coloradok5.com

7. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

I did my swap with another 205 I got for $200. You could buy the new parts but it seems much easier and cheaper to it this way. I'll be selling the other 205 with my slip yoke on it for $150 so it will only cost me $50. It was a easy swap. Careful of the large needle bearings when you do this since they like to fall out. It took lots of grease and a good hour to get those back in. I'm not sure about the 203 but I would assume it's not possible. I was going to show this in a driveshaft article coming up on off-road.com.

Shawn
    87 K5
    few mods