Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

205 crossmember

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Big'nBadK5, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Big'nBadK5

Big'nBadK5 Registered Member

So today i'm putting in the 465/205 in my blazer and i just got to the point that i wanna put the cross member in, i have thcross member off of the donor truck (80 k20 longbed) and the holes do not match up. any one else have this problem. and if so how an i gonna fix it? thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I used a mid 70's crossmember on my 85 blazer when I took out the 208 out and put the 205 in. What I did was supported the tranny with a tranny jack and lowered it down a bit (everything bolted to gether). I then put the crossmember on the t-case with new bushings and jacked the tranny up so the crossmember was againsed the frame. The holes didnt line up eaither so I had to drill new holes in the frame and used grade 8 bolts with washers.

3. Big'nBadK5

Big'nBadK5 Registered Member

Do you know of anything, maybe a different cross member that would allow me to just bolt everything togeather?

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Don't know of an aftermarket cross member. It would be very easy to just drill new holes.

85K5 3/4ton,14bolt,10bolt,9"lift,35"boggers,16.5x14 welds, big horse 406SBC/700R4 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif