Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

205 crossmember

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chubbybob, Sep 16, 2003.

1. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

who builds a strong crossmember for a 205 in a 83 chev p/u. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Chevy/GMC Truck is about the only company that made easy to find crossmembers you are looking for /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif If you add a t-case skid plate (factory or aftermarket) you should not have too many problems with it.

3. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

I already have the factory crossmember and skid plate its so bent up from a fun week of wheeling my transfercase now rubs the bottom of my cab. I need something strong out of tube I was hoping to find something on this board.

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Ok, didnt understand what you were looking for exactly I guess... I haven't seen much more than homemade crossmembers people have made themselves. You could take a good factory crossmember and add square tubing under/over it for help.

How did you tear it up? hanging up on Rocks or ?

5. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

yea in a rock garden once I got into one spot there was no good line out so I had no choice but to do some damage to the bottom. its a simple fix I just dont have the time to spend on building a badass tube crossmember.