Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

205 front output play in and out

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Langosta39, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Langosta39

Langosta39 1/2 ton status

I've got a 205 with 32 spline input, slip rear out, and 30 spline flange front output. I get a clanking noise when rocking the gas pedal and when shifting and I narrowed it down to the 205. I can wiggle the front flange in my hand and move in and out a bit. I put my impact wrench on it and couldn't get it to budge. My tranny guy agrees that is where it noise is from but he wants $100+ to fix it. What is involved, could I do it myself? Also, is it safe to 4-wheel my truck in this condition? Anybody else have a take on what could be wrong?

andy

2. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

well the play you have is normal for the front shaft ive had 3 205s and all of them did that, there is a clip holding it in if you want to take it apart to see for yourself it really isnt too difficult. you have to take the apaptor off 8 bolts i think then take the rear off 6 bolts or so once you do that just pull the rear shaft and all of it should just pull out, but be carefull with the roller bearings coming off, after all that you can see inside and its all common since (at least to me it is) it depends on how mechanically inclined you are /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif hope i helped