Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

205 front wheel only?????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rodney chambers, Dec 11, 2005.

1. rodney chambers

rodney chambers Registered Member

so i am wheelin round the house yesterday. i was climbing a hill and when i started up it i got hung up. i QUICKLY noticed i had only front wheel low. i jacked with the shifter and got the rear wheels back. whats up with that?:confused:

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

did you or a previous owner twin stick your 205? If so thats one of the gear options you have.

3. rodney chambers

it has no twinstick, just the stock single shifter. it acted like the shifter didnt go all the way forward.

4. boxxerace

boxxerace Registered Member

After playing with my linkage over the weekend, I can see some considerable play. I am not sure if all 205's operate in this way (two wheel high/ four wheel high, two wheel (rear) low, and 4 low. By hand, I have enough play that I bet I could get it into front wheel low (only). I wonder if you bumped it just right.

5. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Well it sounds like your interlock isn't working right. That could be because it's worn, or it could be because someone ground down your shift rails for twin stick operation and never put twin shifters on it. A stock setup should only have 4L-N-2H-4H.

6. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

I've seen several 205's act this way..... including mine. You think you're in 4 Lo, and you just don't quite have the shifter full "in" - and it just pulls w/ the front tires.

What would be cool is if you could do this in a repeatable fashion on purpose - cuz "front only" digs can be useful sometimes....:D

Marv

7. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Yeah, it's called twin sticking....:D j/k

8. rodney chambers

i messed with it when i got home today nad i believe it is just a worn spot in the rail. it almost has a detent type feel to it. i will remove it this weekend and check it out. i may even grind the rails and build the twinstick shifters.