Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

205 junkie wanted

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Calclips, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    I did a few searches and couldn't get quite what I was looking for, but I'm sure that it has been asked quite a bit. My 205 pops out of 4hi, what is the best way to get it to quit this... or.... does anybody have like a twin stick setup they wanna get rid of?

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Check to make sure the shifter is not hitting the tranny tunnel floor (mine did this and would pop out of 4 lo). It could also be the teeth on the clutch ring or engagement teeth wearing causing it to come out (rebuild time).

3. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

It goes into 4lo and stays, just has a problem where if you gun it... it'll pop out of 4hi. If you hold the lever back it will stay with absolutely no problem. Could a linkage adjustment be the problem?

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

There really isn't a linkage adjustment on a 205. Like before, check to see if the shifter is hitting the floor pan. Also look at the rubber mounts, if they're bad the assembly can move around possibly causing the shifter to hit the floor.

If the shifter isn't the problem all you can do is pull the case and inspect the parts.

5. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

The mounts look new, they're bright red... so I assume that they're poly mounts.