Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

205 keeps popping out of gear!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Batmanjr, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Will a rebuild fix the problem, or em I most likely going to have to find new hard parts? A 205 around here is like $200, a rebuild is like $100.... Then hard parts to boot! It won't go into 4hi unless I hold it, and it pops right out of 2hi sometimes! It's pissing me off, cause it's like the only thing I didn't rebuild when I put this truck back together and left it to chance! Murphy's law I guess!

2. FWP

FWP CRS

Check a few easy things first, like the shifter mech. Make sure it's not binding up, moving, adjusted incorrectly or otherwise causing a problem. You can even disconnect the linkage at the case and drive it to see if it is linkage related. If it pops out of gear with the linkage disconnected, pull off the road, shift it back in by hand. If it works good, you know for sure it's in the linkage. I had to do this on my doubler, 203 side.....Turned out to be the 203 /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif