Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

205 kits and boring a 205 input to the large bearing?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by BadDog, Apr 13, 2003.

1. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I’m now have all the pieces for a doubler except the adapter itself (soon) and the tranny (also soon). Only thing is, I have the small bearing case with a large bearing Ford input going in (thanks Grant!). Where is the best place near central/northern Phoenix to get the case bored out? Can Damon (or his brother I guess) do it? If no responses, I’ll just call Damon and others tomorrow…

Also need a 205 seal kit. Best source in the valley? Or mail order from Drivetrain Direct or something?

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

you are welcome man. thanks for a good day.
    let em know what ya find on prices for the seal kit. im going to need one as well. i will check a mom an pop shop out this way and let ya know what i find.
    grant

3. BadDog

Hmmm, looks like I've lost Damon's (Moose) number. Anyone got it?

4. BadDog

So, nobody knows anything about local machine shops that can do this, or local suppliers for seal kits???

5. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I use UTE for transfer case parts - 40th street just north of the 202. 602 275-5781 "Pat". I think they have really good prices and don't blow smoke.
    Mark

6. BadDog

Excellent, thanks. Just to share info (and keep up with it), I got some leads from Matt and Shaun over the phone.

Shaun: US Bearing (was Cactus Bearing) (602) 269-2331

Matt: Ace-o-matic. Unfortunately, can't find it in the phone book, Matt is looking for old receipts or something...

Still no info on a good machine shop for the case boring. I found one place that will do it for $100+ but I think that is way high. 4 Wheelers said they would do it, probably an hour or so at $65 per... He did say it might be less and they will only bill for time invested. Seems more reasonable, but multiple people (on PBB) claim to have gotten it done for around $40. Maybe b.s., dunno, if I don't have anything better I'll take it to 4 wheelers next week which is the earliest they can get to it...

7. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Have you tried Napa? They do machine work. I don't know if they would do custom stuff though. Other then them I don't know of any machine shops. It was something I was never really conserned with as I never needed any work done before I left.

8. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

id bore it for ya but im a ways away ....