Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

205 low gear sets?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Thumper, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Anyone ever see a supplier or have any info on these? Recently?

Thx

Mike

2. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

no one makes them yet? ORD is reportedly looking into it, but they are not the first to try. rumor is there is not enough room in the case to acommondate the larger geaer set. i believe if it can be done ORD will figure it out.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i dont think ord was making them... someone else was that ord was in direct contact with. I assume ord was going to carry them as an option for doublers etc. at any rate, AFAIK they arent done but ya might ask SW. Personally, I think I'd rather just use an atlas in a doubler instead... cheaper than a super-trick low-gearset for a 205 prolly... lighter too. not to mention that they actually exist...

j

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Anyone ever see a supplier or have any info on these? Recently?

Thx

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike,

I'd file these in the same category as the ARB for the 14BFF..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

In other words: It's been talked about for years, but will probably NEVER happen.

It's been discussed extensively on the ORD forum (and probably other forums too) it's technically POSSIBLE....but it's not easy to do and not a "drop-in" gearset. SO, once you do all the custom machining, and build custom gearsets....the price is so high that nobody in their right mind would be willing to pay for it.

That being said...you still have a 3.1:1 option for the NP203. If you're planning a Doubler setup anyway, it accomplishes the same thing for you.... 2:1, 3:1, 6:1 options /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Wagoner Machine makes this NOW, and have apparently had good success with it....even behind some stout BBC applications. I have one sitting in my garage waiting to be installed, it looks pretty cool.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

205s are tough, but if you had a 465 + 203 at 3.1 behind a 700 ft lb cummins the poor 205 might just explode. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j