Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

205 output shaft yoke NUT??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bablazer73, Feb 28, 2004.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I just finished swapping the fixed yoke into My 205 and I'm missing the last part!! The retaining nut for the yoke. Does anybody know what size it is? or even maybe what axel shares the nut size? will one from a 203 work?? help!!! I want this thing to move on it's own!! SOMEDAY!

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have a spare nut or two laying around..... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif.....
    I have ones from the 30 spline output 205 and the 10 spline. I believe they are the same though.
    If you don't find one, let me know Monday and I will ship one out free of charge/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. bablazer73

I'm going to look around when the sun comes back out. It's 30 spline. It apears to be a 7/8ths nut, Just don't know what thread pitch! I have a 14sf I might dig out of the snow and steal pinion nut and check. i have a bunch of 10 bolt pinion nuts, their 7/8's , but wrong threads. If i can't find one, Maybe I'll just drive over and get it from you!

4. Steve_87K5

Steve_87K5 1/2 ton status

yoke, fixed, nut retaining GM 3967888
    yoke, fixed, nut retaining NE 97864
    washer, yoke, fixed TW 334-150

hope this helps Steve

5. bablazer73

well, for now i used a TRE locknut. same threads. Locktighted it. Will order the correct nut from gm. Thanks to all!!

6. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Glad it worked!
    Offer is still there to save some coin if GM wants too much $$$ for a nut. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif