Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

205 parking brake pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chvyhs, Mar 1, 2004.

1. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Feb 12, 2001
    Anyone have pics of their 205 parking brake set up before and after the instal?

What do you think of this set up?
  2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Feb 21, 2001
    I think I have 2 pics somewhere of it half way installed...

Are you going to be at TDS? I am going to try and make it out there fri night and leave sat afternoon.

The kit is good as long as you go into it knowing that you will have to do some fabricating to get it to work (mainly the cable attachment). The worst part about the kit isn't Jess' fault but New Products. The bolt pattern for the tailshaaft seal that the caliper bolts to isn't anywhere near symetric! You will have to figure out what position you want it in before you order it. Clocked at about 10 o'clock it will hit the speedo cable. Clocked at about 1 o'clock it will hit the floor (with no body lift) but the cable is the easiest to hook up. I have the 1 o'clock placement and did some custom "clearancing" on the floor to get it to fit.

You will have to make a return spring somehow. I stacked some coil springs from home depot on the e-brake cable.

To hook up the cable I had a exhaust hanger (that wasn't being used) that was about in the right place. I cut a small piece of angle iron, drilled a 9/16" hole for the cable and a 3/8" hole to bolt it to the exhaust hanger.

So for me the only fabrication I had to do was make the little piece of angle iron and dent the floor.

The brake will hold with the tranny in N on about as steep a hill as the tires will hold on.