Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

205 Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Stroked72Blazer, Oct 18, 2003.

1. Stroked72Blazer

Stroked72Blazer 1/2 ton status

I am putting a seal and gasket kit in my 205 but one of the shifter rails has about a 1 1/2 inch tab at the end of it. This is preventing me from being able to slide this seal out without taking it apart from the inside and I don't want to do that. I know I have to grind it off when I do a twin stick but can I go ahead and grind it off now? I don't see what purpose it serves but just wanted some comfermation before I do it.

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

you should be ok. If you grid them correctly there's no way of putting front in high and rear in low at the same time.

twin stick is cool... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    ARQ.

3. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

I don't think it will shift right with a stock shifter without that tab on there.

4. Stroked72Blazer

Man which one is correct? I have the stick in the mail and on the way but it will probably be a few weeks before I put it in. I won't use 4wd between now and then. Will it work well enough to get it in 2w-hi?

5. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

The tab keeps the shift rails synchronized properly when shifting with the single stick stock shifter. If you just manually shift the rails into the position that you want (2HI, whatever) they will stay there. If you do not want to shift from inside the cab, you will have no problem.

6. Stroked72Blazer

Well I ground it off and it all seems to shift fine. There is a defanite diference but and I wouldnt recomend doing it if your not about to twin stick it but it is still posible to get all positions.