Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

205 removal

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 69K5, Dec 14, 2003.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

how hard is it to yank off a 205 with it still under the truck. ive never actually dropped the tranny onthe blazer just slid it back to change the flywheel. trying to save some bench pressing weight.
    ill probably slide it back and take off the tc if theres room as well

thanks

69k5

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

floor jack with tranny adapter cradle would be the best, or chain the piss out of the case to the floor jack pad

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

if u have a tranny jack or something it shouldnt be too bad. I dont care how much u can bench, whatever you do dont remove it by yourself in the "bench press" position. that sucker is fawkin heavy, awkward and just begging to crush some poor saps skull!

j

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i have a 3 ton hydraulic jack. so looks like ill have to chain it to it. im not gonna try to bench press it by the way. it was meabt as a joke. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif i spend too much time in the re as it is. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

69k5

5. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Definately use a floor jack it you have access to one. I have done the bench pressing method, and I don't recommend it. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

With fluid, it weighs about 225lbs and is way akward. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

With fluid, it weighs about 225lbs and is way akward. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

225 #'s that aint nothin. I could do it with my pinkies /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

oh yeah how many bolts am i diggin through the mud to get to??

7. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

The weight isn't the problem....it is just a teenzy bit harder to hang on to than a 45lb bar. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

...and then get the splines lined up, inserted, and start the bolts with your "free" hand....since you are only using your "pinkies" /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

45 lb bar??? please I have to use the 15 lb bar. its just my pinkies that are that strong

9. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

do it when it's really cold out... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

So you feel no pain... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Damn things are heavy... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    not as bad as a 203 though.../forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

10. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    45 lb bar??? please I have to use the 15 lb bar. its just my pinkies that are that strong

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    not as bad as a 203 though... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I will have to agree with you on this one, the 203 is a 500 lb boat anchor /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

When I dropped mine to rebuild the th350 I dropped the 205 first. I did it with a tranny jack and a floor jack. I was on one side balancing the cross member and working the tranny jack while a friend was on the other side with the floor jack and also balancing. Would be nice if there was a single flat spot in the bottom /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif When I put it back in I used a cherry picker with a chain wrapped around the adapter (just happed to be the balance point) and it was ALOT EASIER!