Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

205 shifter and body lift question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mpascino, Jan 2, 2002.

1. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, I noticed when putting my 205 in that the shifter hits the body and won't allow it into 4 lo. This is because the fact that the shift only sticks 2-3 inches through the floor because of the body lift and the throw is off because of it. Any suggestions on what to do rather than """relieve""" the body? I would like to use the stock 205 or similar boot over the shifter hole. I know I need to extend the shift. Thanks,
    Mike

The jeep eater ......[​IMG]

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Either "relieve" the body or remove the body lift, unless you can magically move your t-case up the 3" and deal with driveline angles, which is highly unlikely.

I'd use a 208/241 boot to make it look somewhat stock.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

3. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

I guess it's a done deal, thanks.
    Mike

The jeep eater ......[​IMG]

4. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

When I put in the 700r4 in place of the TH350, I had a similar problem but I was unable to get it into 4hi instead of 4low (it was set too far back). Instead of relieving the body, I cut the top of the shifter, welded a plate (for an offset) and rewelded the top of the handle (rod part) so that it sticks up through the stock boot in the stock location (or pretty darn close to it). I did it in such a way that I can grind the welds, take the offset piece out, and reweld the rod on like it was stock if I decide to go back to a different configuration.

See my rig at <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Leadfoot> click here </a>