Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

205 shifter bolt

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudstud, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

The threads on this thing are an odd size. Anybody know where I could look to get a bolt SIMULAR to this that I can modify to accomodate twin sticks? I have tried Fastenal with no luck. I may end up retapping a larger bolt or the hole in the case or both if I can't find something that'll work. Any other suggestions?

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well personnaly I just used this bolt along with 2 others on the trans and xcase, to bolt a flange I made and I made a complete twin stick from scratch.
    One thing though, I heard you can remove something inside the csae so you can have front wheel drive only but I can't find in which issue of four wheeler I read this.
    Anyone know how to do this?
    IceMan

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Go to your local GM dealership and tell the parts man you want part number #14009313. Expect to pay around $15 for the bolt. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

Yea I've done this all ready. You gotta grind in a couple spots on the left side shift rail. I was just thinking I could try and find a bolt with a 3" shoulder for the two sticks to pivot on. You have any pics of your set up/linkage and stuff? Guess I could buy another bolt from GM and cut both of them in half and weld them together.