Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

205 sources?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by BadDog, Apr 3, 2003.

1. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Where is the best place to dig up a passenger drop 205 donor? Any of you guys got a lead for me? If not, I may just visit some of the pick-n-pull yards next week. Is there an ecology 1/2 off day coming soon?

I don't care about the input or the front output A wore out 465 case is fine. Even a Dodge case would be ok. I'll be installing Ford inputs and front output anyway so any married passenger drop with a fixed rear output should work...

Ultimate plan is for 32 spine outputs front and rear, 1410s, twin sticked, and a 31 spine Ford input for a doubler... This is the final piece...

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

if you want it delivered its 125. if you want to pick it up its 100.

i got 3 off a ford sitting at the yard waiting for me to pick them up. 3 to sell for the yard that is. one aditional for me. anyway... they are all off a ford, and i will double check on the spline counts. might even have one with 32 spline outputs front and rear.
    grant

3. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure if it's what I need but I'm looking for a 205 and 203 that can be used for a doubler. Haven't gotten really serious about it yet, so I'm not sure what will work and what will not. If you have these for a good price, which it seems like you do, we could work a group purchase and get them shipped to PHX cheaper.
    Let me know what you have.

Thanks,
    Mike

4. Seventy4Blazer

i will have to check on the cases i have at the yard. the money i ask goes to them, not me. the price can change, but i doubt it will. also they need to keep one or so because two of the tow trucks have the 205, and they use fords... blah.

203's on the other hand, i can do. i would LIKE to get the bed of my truck line-x'd before i make a trip like this, with 2 or more transfer cases in back. but if needed i can buy some ratchet straps and get a pallate.

anywhoo, once i make it to the yard i will make an inventory and we can all go from there. chevy 205's are hard to find. but with 2 cases you can make a chevy case for the doubler.

grant

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Hey Grant,

If you get a chance in your inventory of tcase could you see if you have a Chevy NP208 (for a 700R4) and a Chevy NP241 (for a 700R4) laying around. Also there rough costs. Don't go out of your way looking for them, but if you happen to see one could you get a price for me. Thanks

Harley

6. Seventy4Blazer

both pass drop?
    grant

7. Hossbaby50

Correct.

8. Seventy4Blazer

one more thing, spline counts on the input. and length. i dont like aluminum cases of any type. so i dont know much about them.
    grant

9. Hossbaby50

To tell you the truth I don't remember the spline count. I think it is 28 spline. I dfinitly don't know the length. I guess just see what you can see and let me know what turns up. Most of the 208's and 241's came behind 700R4's so chances are better then not that it is the correct unit. If you find one or both I guess we can figure it all out on the length thing. I am pretty sure the spline count is 28 though.

10. Seventy4Blazer

ok, here is what i found...
    if you want a 208 or drivers side drop, i got ya....
    ok, and if you have an AMC or AMX, i got ya...
    now, if you are looking for a 241"C" then i got ya.
    i forgot to ask price, but the WANT 250 for the 205's. the reason i am able to get them for a hundred is because they had 4 ford versions sitting there. for over a year...
    basicaly they wanted to move them.

with the chevy 208's they WANT 300. they MOVE fast. in the yard, out within a week.

but im sure i can get the price down for ya.
    grant

11. Hossbaby50

$300 is steep for a 208. I won't be back to AZ until May-June sometime. When it gets closer I will give you a hollar on the case/cases. I really appreciate you looking for me. Thanks very much.

Harley

12. 87GMCJimmy

So If I get 2 ford NP205 and 1 NP203 I can build a chevy doubler?? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif If there 100 bucks a piece I'll take em.

Mike

13. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

[ QUOTE ]
    So If I get 2 ford NP205 and 1 NP203 I can build a chevy doubler?? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    No, but if you get a Ford 205 and a GM 205 you can use the Ford 31 spline female input in the GM case to get a 205 suitable for a Gen II Doubler without the expense of finding/building a TH400 32 spline input 205...

14. 87GMCJimmy

ahhh....I see. So 1 ford NP205, 1 Chevy 203 and 1 chevy 205 is needed.

Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    mike

15. Seventy4Blazer

yeah, i had the same plan at about the same time as Russ. i MIGHT do a write up o it. we will see.
    grant

16. Seventy4Blazer

yeah, 300 is kind of high. but they sell like hot cakes out here. so thtas the price.
    sorry man.
    grant

17. Seventy4Blazer

got no TH400 205's. what spline count you need for the 203. i am comming up on sunday as of right now.
    if you need a 203 off a TH350 then i got it for 100.
    maybe an extra 25 depending on where you are for delivery.
    grant