Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

205 Speedo gear help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FWP, Oct 23, 2002.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

I took the rear output housing off the case because the speedo wasn't turning. All teeth on both drive and driven gears are in good shape...... I can't tell what the heck would be wrong.... What keeps the speedo drive gear from spinning on the output shaft, just the pressure from the yoke nut? Any ideas? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. dragricinMT

dragricinMT 1/2 ton status

Have you checked the cable? Is there a ratio adapter between the cable and 205? If the gears are OK in the 205 then 1 of these are the problem. Hope this helps.

3. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

ditch it! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif.... speedo's are overrated /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

Marv

4. FWP

FWP CRS

Hey... be quiet you... your truck isn't streetable by any........ /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

....Bootie fab.....

Oh, BTW, I figured it out, it works now /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

If you ditch the Speedo, your nads will be haning out in the wind, DUDE, you are brave to ditch the Speedo, swimming neked it's just not for me!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What's a speedo, OH MY GOSH, it was that thing that got in the way of the doubler, you mean I shound not have cut that thing off with a set of bolt cutters!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

YOU DON'T NEED NO STINKING SPEEDO!!! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

(CB ECHO ON) BOOOOOTIEEEEEE FABBBBBB (CB ECHO OFF)

Finished the rear disc conversion on the blazer tonite!! BOOTIE FAB!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

(Bow down mode on) FRED WE ARE NOT WORTHYYYYY (Bow down mode off). /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. khotmer

khotmer 1/2 ton status

i had this problem and found that the cable housing was sitting on the exhaust pipe and melted....when it cooled it sealed around the cable keeping the cable from moving. replaced the cable and housing ...tied it so that it would not touch the darn exhaust pipe and all is well....

may or may not be you case but thought it might help.....