Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

205 support rods PICS Needed

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudstud, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

Anybody have pics of how the rods connect between the tranny and case? I have a th350 and swapping in a 205 in place of the 203. Can I use the 2 short bars that go to the flex plate cover or do they require the thicker bellhousing-(I think it's called a 'k' bellhousing.) How/where do they bolt up in each instance? Can I run with the long one on the passenger side and forget about it?

2. OLDSTEEL

OLDSTEEL 1/2 ton status

Just swaped the tranny out in my 74 and the rebuild shop said the bars ar not required unless it is a "K". My 205 / 350 set-up work great and has never had the bars

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

You'll need a "K" case tranny to run the 2 bars from the converter cover to the motor mounts. The "K" case has bosses cast into the side lips that a thicker converter cover bolts to, this thicker cover has 2 threaded holes to attach the lower end of the rods to. You would also need the 2 brackets that go between the motor mounts and the block to attach the top end of the rods

The t-case rod goes from the 2 threaded holes on the side of the case up to the lowest right side bellhousing bolt. You don't have to run all 3 rods but ideally it would probably be best if you did.

I personally don't have the the 2 motor mount rods on mine because of a large aftermarket oil pan but I do have the t-case bar.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

A few people on here have cracked the housings because the bars were missing if I recall. The K case is thicker all around, and you can bet GM didn't put those bars there just because it cost them money /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

Thanks all for the replys. I KNOW people who have cracked the adaptor because they didn't have the bar on there. I won't wheel mine until it's in place. Could someone measure the 205/th350 long bar for me please. On the tranny side measure from the surface that meets the tranny over to the far (furthest back) hole center on the case side. Thanks