Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

205 Transfer Case Disassembly ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 74BBPowerHouse, Sep 5, 2006.

1. 74BBPowerHouse

74BBPowerHouse Registered Member

I recently bought the kit from advanced adapters to go 2wd th400 to 205. i will have to take my transfer case in and get it machined out for the bigger bearing. how hard is it to disassemble the transfer case fully so they can machine it out. Anything I need to know about putting it back together? Such as timing on the gears?

2. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

How much was that kit BTW?? Was looking at one. It's not really hard to tear it apart and put it back together, but there are some needle bearings in there that can fall out before you can find where they came from. Dont' take the idler stuff out, I did on one and couldn't put it back for the life of me, so I picked the case over my head and slammed it on the ground. Wasn't a happy person.

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Taking it apart and reassembling is easy. I highly advise taking it ALL the way apart idler and all. My buddy has machined a few cases already and metal gets everywhere. I'm sure you only want to take this apart once so trust me and take it ALL the way apart. You can't clean good enough if you leave the idler assembly in.