Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

205 transfer case

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by slider, Nov 2, 2001.

1. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

I am looking for info on the 205 transfer case. I have a turbo 350 and need to know if the transfer case for an automatic and four speed trans are different? If they are how many splines does the automatic case have? Thanks Jeff

2. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

oh man i'm in that same boat i have a th350 and a 203 right now, 203 is going out pretty soon here i got a 205 off a manual tranny 465 and thought to my self hell just get the adaptor to go th350/205 and presto right? WRONG you see the 205 came for auto and manual trannys so the 205 for a manual has a 10 spline input shaft and the th350 has a 27 spline input shaft so one of two things has to happen in my case change the output shaft on my tranny to a 10 or change the input on my 205 to 27 (which is what im doing thanx to a cool member here "RGF") and i still have to find an adaptor to fit it to my auto tranny, which will be very hard to find because they came factory like that Advance Adapters does not carry it, so now i have to find it in Junk Yard somewhere

<font color=purple>I put the Panic in Hispanic</font color=purple>[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>

3. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

Thats what I thought. I guess I will pass on this one. Thanks for the help. Jeff

4. WhiteWhomper

WhiteWhomper 1/2 ton status

If you go to Off Road Design's web site, they now have an article just on identifying the 205 t-cases.