Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

205 Vent Tube Questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1Blazin71, Jul 22, 2001.

1. 1Blazin71

1Blazin71 1/2 ton status

I went to the dealership and got some o-rings for the speedo cable assy. and am trying to seal up the leaks there. I hit it with some RTV and seems like I got it sealed up good.

In trying to figure out why the speedo cable leaks, I suspect some pressure is building up inside the 205. I recall some people talking about a vent tube. I searched all around my 205 (albeit without dropping it) and cant find any vent tube. Not even a fitting that seemed as though it might have once had a vent tube on it.

Is it possible that some 205s did not have vent tubes? I felt around on the top passenger side of the unit and did find a 3/4" plug/bolt. I removed it and find that it is hollow down the shaft about a 1/4" and that the hole it screwes into seems to contain a secondary inner sleve which looks to be plastic (using a mirror).

It is possible that I have found where a vent tube should go? If so what kind of fitting should go here?

Help appreciated.

Matthew Meyer
    matthewm@inhollywood.com
    '71 Ochre K5 - 4" Lift 35"s
    ZZ4 350 - 700R

2. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

nope thats not it at less i dont like mine is right above the the yoke tha goes to the rear drive line on the main part of the case

AJ
    Soon to wheelin spot near you
    Project Harvey[​IMG]

3. elkboy

elkboy 1/2 ton status

There is on molded into the top of cast part of the case. If you play in the water much you may want to extend it up a little.

<font color=red> Elkboy </font color=red> 82 K5 fuel injected H.O.305, TH350/205, 14bolt/10bolt and 39.5 TSL's.